WrestleMania 3 was the third annual WWE WrestleMania pay-per-view event produced by the World Wrestling Federation (WWF). The event was held on March 29, 1987, at the Pontiac Silverdome in Pontiac, Michigan.
The event is particularly notable for the WWF's claiming a record attendance of 93,173, the largest recorded attendance for a live indoor sporting event in North America The event is considered to be the pinnacle of the 1980s wrestling boom. The record itself stood until February 14, 2010 when the 2010 NBA All-Star Game broke the indoor sporting event record with an attendance of 108,713 at Cowboys Stadium. The WWF generated $1.6 million in ticket sales. Almost one million fans watched the event at 160 closed circuit locations in North America. The number of people watching via pay-per-view was estimated at several million, and pay-per-view revenues were estimated at $10.3 million, setting a record for the time.
- The Can-Am Connection (Rick Martel and Tom Zenk) defeated Bob Orton and The Magnificent Muraco (with Mr. Fuji)
- Billy Jack Haynes vs. Hercules (with Bobby Heenan) ended in a double countout
- Hillbilly Jim, Haiti Kid, and Little Beaver defeated King Kong Bundy, Little Tokyo, and Lord Littlebrook by disqualification
- Harley Race (with Bobby Heenan and The Fabulous Moolah) defeated Junkyard Dog in a Loser Must Bow
- The Dream Team (Greg Valentine and Brutus Beefcake) (with Johnny Valiant and Dino Bravo) defeated The Rougeau Brothers (Jacques Rougeau and Raymond Rougeau)
- Roddy Piper defeated Adrian Adonis (with Jimmy Hart) Hair vs. Hair match
- The Hart Foundation (Bret Hart and Jim Neidhart) and Dangerous Danny Davis (with Jimmy Hart) defeated The British Bulldogs (Davey Boy Smith and Dynamite Kid) and Tito Santana
- Butch Reed (with Slick) defeated Koko B. Ware
- Ricky Steamboat (with George Steele) defeated Randy Savage (c) (with Miss Elizabeth) to win the WWE Intercontinental Championship
- The Honky Tonk Man (with Jimmy Hart) defeated Jake Roberts (with Alice Cooper)
- The Iron Sheik and Nikolai Volkoff (with Slick) defeated The Killer Bees (B. Brian Blair and Jim Brunzell) by disqualification
- Hulk Hogan (c) defeated Andre the Giant (with Bobby Heenan) to retain the WWE Championship