WrestleMania XXIV was the twenty-fourth annual WrestleMania pay-per-view event produced by World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE), it was also the first WrestleMania event to be broadcast in HD. The event took place on March 30, 2008, at the Citrus Bowl in Orlando, Florida and was the first WrestleMania to be held in the state of Florida. WrestleMania XXIV was the second WrestleMania to be held outdoors, with the first being WWE WrestleMania 9, held in Caesars Palace in Las Vegas, Nevada.
Tickets for the event commenced sale to the public on November 3, 2007. WWE and the City of Orlando hosted festivities that spanned a five-day period within the central Florida region. For the second consecutive year, WrestleMania broke the record for the highest-grossing pay-per-view in WWE history. It also set a gate record for the Citrus Bowl, grossing US$5.85 million in ticket sales. According to a study by Enigma Research Corporation of Toronto, the Citrus Bowl's record-breaking attendance brought an estimated $51.5 million – surpassing the projected $25 million – into the local economy and generated $1.8 million in local tax revenue. The Central Florida Sports Commission reported that the event created jobs and brought approximately 60,000 visitors to the city. Over one million people ordered the event on pay-per-view, grossing $23.8 million in revenue.
- Dark - Kane won by last eliminating Mark Henry - 24-man battle royal for an ECW Championship match later that night
- John Bradshaw Layfield defeated Finlay (with Hornswoggle) - Belfast Brawl
- CM Punk defeated Shelton Benjamin, Chris Jericho, Carlito, Montel Vontavious Porter, Mr. Kennedy, and John Morrison - Money in the Bank Match
- Batista (SmackDown) defeated Umaga (Raw) - Battle for Brand Supremacy
- Kane defeated Chavo Guerrero (c) for the ECW Championship
- Shawn Michaels defeated Ric Flair - Career Threatening match; since Flair lost, he was forced to retire.
- Beth Phoenix and Melina (with Santino Marella) defeated Maria and Ashley Massaro - Playboy BunnyMania Lumberjill match
- Randy Orton (c) defeated John Cena and Triple H - Triple threat match for the WWE Championship
- Floyd Mayweather, Jr. defeated Big Show by knockout - No Disqualification match
- The Undertaker defeated Edge (c) (with Vickie Guerrero, Curt Hawkins and Zack Ryder) by submission for the WWE World Heavyweight Championship