The match between Lawrence Taylor and Bam Bam Bigelow brought the WWF mainstream press coverage. The reactions to the match were mixed; some people thought that Taylor performed surprisingly well for a non-wrestler. Others thought that the WWF pushing a football player to defeat a wrestler made professional wrestling look bad. Reviews of the event as a whole have also been mixed, and the event has been called both the worst WrestleMania of all time and the event that saved the WWF.
- The Allied Powers (Lex Luger and The British Bulldog) defeated The Blu Brothers (Jacob Blu and Eli Blu) (with Uncle Zebekiah)
- Razor Ramon (with The 1–2–3 Kid) defeated Jeff Jarrett (c) (with The Roadie) by disqualification for the WWE Intercontinental Championship
- The Undertaker (with Paul Bearer) defeated King Kong Bundy (with Ted DiBiase) with Larry Young as the special guest referee
- Owen Hart and Yokozuna (with Mr. Fuji and James E. Cornette) defeated The Smokin' Gunns (Billy Gunn and Bart Gunn) (c) for the WWE Tag Team Championship
- Bret Hart defeated Bob Backlund - "I Quit" match with Roddy Piper as the special guest referee
- Diesel (c) (with Pamela Anderson) defeated Shawn Michaels (with Sid and Jenny McCarthy) for the WWE Championship
- Lawrence Taylor defeated Bam Bam Bigelow (with Ted DiBiase) with Pat Patterson as the special guest referee