The AWA World Women's Championship was the female title in the American Wrestling Association from 1961 until 1990.
- June Byers - August 20, 1954
- Byers defeated Mildred Burke for the NWA World Women's Championship and continues to be recognized by AWA after it splits from NWA in 1960.
- Penny Banner - August 26, 1961
- AWA ceased to recognize June Byers as women's champion after she no-showed a title defense. Banner won a battle royal to become the new AWA World Women's Champion.
Vacated -- January 1, 1963 -- The AWA vacated the championship on January 1, 1963, but June Byers continued to be recognized as champion by the NWA until she retired in January 1964.
- Kay Noble - April 13, 1963
- Vivian Vachon - November 4, 1971
- Betty Nicoli - August 16, 1973
Vacated - March 27, 1975 - The championship was vacated when Betty Nicoli retired.
- Candi Devine - November 1984
- Sherri Martel - September 28, 1985
Vacated - October 3, 1985 - The championship was vacated for undocumented reasons.
- Candi Devine - October 14, 1985
- Devine was awarded the championship without title match.
- Sherri Martel - October 17, 1985
- Candi Devine - January 16, 1986
- Sherri Martel - June 28, 1986
Vacated - July 24, 1987 - The championship was vacated when Sherri Martel went to the World Wrestling Federation (WWF).
Vacated - December 1989 - The championship was vacated when Wendi Richter left the promotion.
- Candi Devine - December 6, 1989
Deactivated - January 1991 - The championship retired when the AWA closed.